How will the school know that the support has made a difference to my child’s learning and how can I and my child be included in this review process?
- Your child’s progress will be assessed both in terms of his/her regular learning within the class and with regard to specific intervention programmes. This is very closely monitored to ensure rapid progress.
- The impact of the support given is carefully measured to ensure that the learning outcomes have been achieved and if not, what adaptations are necessary. It may be decided that a further period of support would be beneficial for your child.
- The SENCo and SLT carry out learning walks and observations of all SEN provision to ensure it is highly effective and this helps maintaining standards through rigorous quality assurance.
- Staff review the impact of the intervention and the SENCo reports this to SLT.
- You and your child will be kept informed and encouraged to be actively involved at all stages of this support. Your child will see how well they are progressing against their targets. This can be discussed with the class teacher at parent’s consultations or at the end of the school day or with the SENCo as required.