What support will there be for my child’s happiness and wellbeing at Sir John Lillie Primary School?
- At Sir John Lillie Primary School we believe that the happiness and well being of all our pupils is paramount. All members of staff take this aspect of school life very seriously and we provide a friendly and nurturing environment.
- All children know they can talk to any member of staff should they need to.
- Designated members of staff are trained to support medical needs.
- We robustly monitor attendance and take the necessary actions to prevent prolonged unauthorised absence, including involving the welfare and attendance officer at an early stage.
- You can be confident that your child’s class teacher, the teaching assistants, Welfare Mentor and the SENCo are available to provide support to match your child’s needs.
- The school have implemented a personal, social and emotional programme to support well-being (please see policy and curriculum map).
- We provide PSED interventions and social skills groups. We seek advice from outside agencies such as child and mental health services as well as provide social skills and lunch time nurture groups.
- You should also feel free to contact your child’s class teacher if you have any concerns.
- We have links with a wide range of services who can support the school when required.