How does Sir John Lillie Primary School ensure the teaching staff are appropriately trained to support my child’s special educational needs?
- We regularly review the school training schedule and professional development for all teaching and support staff to ensure there is the appropriate expertise to support children with special educational needs.
- The school is able to access training programmes from a range of different organisations to provide tailored support for a range of needs.
- Individual training can also be arranged when necessary e.g. from the behaviour support team.
- We liaise with outside agencies/professionals such as Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologists, Behaviour Support Specialists and Queensmill Outreach Service. These agencies will provide training and support to the school and share their expertise with school staff.
- The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator has completed the National Award for Special Educational Needs and is an experienced teacher and member of the senior leadership team.