How will the curriculum and the school environment be matched to my child’s needs?
- At Sir John Lillie Primary School we believe that your child’s learning needs will first be met through the high quality first teaching delivered by her/his class teacher.
- We carefully plan our curriculum to match the age, ability and needs of all children.
- The class teacher will adapt lesson planning and teaching to match your child’s special educational needs and/or disability.
- It may be appropriate to adopt different strategies or resources and adapt outcomes to meet your child’s learning needs.
- Additional specialist advice is sought when appropriate and, when necessary, accessibility aids and technology may be used to support your child’s learning.
- Sir John Lillie Primary School regularly reviews the Accessibility Plan to ensure that all children have the fullest access to the curriculum and the school site as possible.
- For children with medical conditions, medicines that are given by the GP are stored in the school office and administered in line with the child’s health care plan and the schools’ guidelines.
- Health Care Plans are drawn up to ensure that medical conditions are considered and appropriate accommodation made across the curriculum.